Source: Original blend of yeast isolated from Norwegian kveik
The perfect culture for producing juicy New England-style IPAs and Pale Ales, but in a few days! The balanced flavor profile of this yeast blend will accentuate beers using citrus-forward hops, but versatile and subtle enough that it’ll work well in most beer styles without clashing.
Ferment your beer hot (85F-98F/29C-37C) and knock out a flavorful beer in two to three days without off-flavors.
Able to ferment well in low pH beers (3.2-3.5pH) and high-gravity worts (~1.080).
- Type: Blend ofSaccharomyces yeast cultures (non-STA1)
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 78-87%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Citrus-forward, otherwise “clean” tasting
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities or early flocculation/stalling. Pitch and Ferment at 85F (30C) or higher for quickest fermentation time.